Tau Sigma UCLA is proud to have inducted 278 members into our 2015 cohort. Our 2015 cohort includes many departmental honors students, the Transfer Student Representative, the 2015 winner of Spring Sing, two True Bruin Distinguished Seniors, several decorated Veterans, and students who have published original research in professional journals.
- Students must obtain at least a 3.5 GPA in the first quarter at UCLA, including summer terms.
- Students must transfer to UCLA from another academic institution with at least one full year’s academic credits satisfied at the prior institution(s).
- Students must be enrolled full time in a course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree (12 or more units).
Invitations to join Tau Sigma are automatically extended to all eligible students. If you have received an invitation to join during the Winter Quarter, please complete the steps outlined on the invitation with your specialized code to join online through the membership website. Membership dues are a one time fee of $50 and include lifelong membership in Tau Sigma.
If you believe you are eligible based on the requirements listed above, please email UCLA’s Tau Sigma Co-Advisors Melissa Sinclair (email@example.com) or Lindsey Goldstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, student ID number, and information on your academic record during your first quarter at UCLA.
Benefits of membership
- Quarterly social, academic, and service events.
- Connect with other like-minded and high achieving transfer students over the shared experience of being in Tau Sigma.
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Membership provides members with leadership opportunities, networking communities, resume building and national recognition that members are high achieving and reach for excellence in all that that they do.
- Tau Sigma Scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded annually by the National Chapter and range from $500 to $2500. All UCLA nominees were awarded Tau Sigma scholarships in 2015.
- Tau Sigma Commencement Honor Cords
- Distinguish yourself as a Tau Sigma Honors Society member at commencement with specially designed honor cords available only to members.
- National Leadership Conference
- Opportunities to travel to and participate in the Tau Sigma national conference.
- Formal Induction Ceremony
- A celebration of each transfer student’s prestigious academic achievement with alumni, administration, family, and friends.